SCEC offers a rich menu of educational offerings to school districts throughout southeastern Massachusetts. Educator workshops are offered throughout the year at our state-of-the-art training facility in Swansea and in-district workshops are provided upon request. Selected workshops offered by SCEC are listed below. In addition to workshops, SCEC faculty provide individualized consultation within local school districts as needed to support students in the least restrictive environment. Examples of in-district consultation services include:
- District wide “brown bag” sessions with special education personnel
- Job-A-like sessions for special education teachers and professional staff
- Teacher consultation around improving student supports in an effort to maintain the child’s placement in the regular education classroom.
- Developing therapeutic classrooms in-district
- Individualized teacher consultation around designing therapeutic classrooms.
- Restraint and seclusion law training
- Social emotional learning